10 WEDDING MISTAKES
#7 The Photographer
ne of the MOST important things when it comes to arranging your wedding is the photographer. Before you know it the big day will come and go, but a good photographer will make sure you have memories of the best moments that will last forever. Many married men and women state that the only thing they regret about their wedding is that they didn’t have more pictures of the event, or that the pictures taken were not of a high enough quality. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect photographer for your special day.
- It is best to leave the photography to professionals. Unless you have a skilled family member with a career in photography, consider many photographers before you decide. Be willing to spend a reasonable amount of money for quality and excellent service, but don’t spend too much for sub-par work.
- Only choose a photographer with PLENTY of examples of their work. Review their pictures for good lighting, high definition, and good looking poses of the models in the pictures. Much of a photographer’s work is getting everyone where the need to be in a picture.
- To make things easier, have your photographer take all photos that don’t have to buy during the wedding on a separate day.
- Some people choose to hire photography groups instead of a single photographer; this makes sure that nothing will be missed, and you will have plenty of pictures to work with later.
- Meet and discuss your wedding with your photographer a few days before the wedding. Make sure your focuses are the same if you do not want fifty pictures of your friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s little brother with cake on his face, let your photographer know which families and scenes are most important to you.
- If your wedding is outside or at night, make sure your photographer comes prepared with the proper lighting and flash equipment.
Hopefully, these tips have given you some ideas of what you need to ask your photographer. Remember that Fairy Godmother Weddings will be glad to help you find everything you need to make your special day perfect and create lasting memories. If you would like to try Fairy Godmother Weddings services, visit our packages page to learn about the many different planning and organization issues that we can help you out with.
Author – Becky Bourland, Lead Fairy Godmother at Fairy Godmother Weddings, an Upstate South Carolina wedding company serving the bride and grooms of Greenville – Spartanburg – Greer and more.